Sari la navigare Sari la căutare
Din engleza medie, care provine din franceza veche saintuaire < latină târzie sānctuārium < sanctus.
sanctuary, pl. sanctuaries
- sanctuar, refugiu, adăpost
- I need to go to my own personal sanctuary.
- The bird sanctuary has strict restrictions on visitors so the birds aren't disturbed.
- The government granted sanctuary to the defector, protecting him from his former government.
- (bis.) sanctuar, naos, altar
- 1: haven, refuge, zoar
- 3: asylum
- 4: presbytery