- AFI: /iːz/
- confort, dolce farniente
- She enjoyed the ease of living in a house where the servants did all the work.
- liniște, pace
- His mind was at ease when he received his pension.
- ușurința, facilitate, ușurare
- He passed all the exams with ease.
- dexteritate, abilitate, dibăcie, îndemânare
- He played the organ with ease.
- bogăție, bunăstare, belșug
- After winning the jackpot, she lived a life of luxurious ease.
- repaus, răgaz
- We took our ease on the patio.
- 1: comfort, peace
- 2: peace of mind
- 4: dexterity, facility, skill
- 6: free time, leisure, relaxation, rest
pers. 3 sg.
- a alina, a ușura (o durere etc.)
- He eased his conscience by confessing.
- a domoli, a liniști
- He loosened his shoe to ease the pain.
- a aduce o ușurare
- The provision of extra staff eased their workload.
- a da drumul la (funii etc.)
- We eased the rope, then lowered the sail.
- a ușura
- We had to ease the entry requirements.
- a se micșora, a se potoli, a se reduce
- The pain eased overnight.
- a călători cu ușurință
- The car eased onto the motorway.
- 1: assuage, salve
- 2: alleviate, assuage, lessen, reduce
- 3: (fam.) give someone a break, lay off
- 4: loosen, relax, slacken
- 5: simplify
- 6: lessen, reduce
- 7: cruise